What is Dry Salt Therapy?
Dry salt therapy, or halotherapy, is a holistic, drug-free, natural therapy that uses microparticles of salt to promote improved breathing, healthier skin, better sleep, improved physical fitness, stamina and overall wellness. Dry salt therapy also helps alleviate chronic symptoms of many conditions in the respiratory system and skin.
How Does Salt Therapy Work?
Salt has the following characteristics:
- Removes pathogenic agents (airborne pollen)
- Mucolytic effects: loosens unnecessary mucus and accelerates mucociliary transport
- Reduces the amount of IgE (immune system hypersensitivity)
Don’t go by the name, there is nothing negative or unhealthy about negative ions. Negative ions are beneficial for the human body while positive ions are harmful. Salt crystals naturally create negative ions, so halotherapy rooms have high concentrations of negative ions. Negative Ions neutralize free radicals, revitalize cell metabolism, enhance immune function, purify the blood, balance the autonomic nervous system, promoting deep sleep and healthy digestion.
How often should you come?
For long term results, 20-30 sessions are recommended (depending on the age and stage of your condition). The sessions should be frequent; about 2-3 a week.
To maintain clear lungs, 2-3 month follow-up sessions are recommended for irreversible conditions. Airways return to their normal conditions and symptoms disappear after a course of Dry Salt Therapy in most patients. The efficacy of the treatment is estimated at 75-98%. Most people do 1-2 courses of salt therapy a year. They might come back in between for some top-up sessions if they begin to feel bad, like when they come down with a cold.
Who can benefit from Salt Therapy?
Dry salt therapy is like a toothbrush that can (and will) protect your lungs and skin. It is a (total) detox for the following conditions:
- Dry and Flaky Skin
- Helps fight against Skin Aging
- Bronchial Infections
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Sleep Apnea
- Ear Infections
- Hay Fever
- Laryngitis (Pharyngitis)
- Sinus Inflammation
- Smoker’s Cough
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sore Throat
- Breathlessness and Chest Tightness
Salt Therapy can help significantly:
- Improve lung function
- Lessen the need for inhalers and antibiotics
- Clear lung mucus and sticky phlegm
- Enhance immunity and respiratory system
- Prolong remission times
- Alleviate sneezing, vomiting and shortness of breath
- Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Make breathing easier after just a few sessions
< - Back To Benefits